The Protest Deadline for most property owners in Williamson County was May 16th, 2022. Per Texas Property Tax Code 41.44(a)(1), WCAD cannot accept a late protest. You may petition the ARB, with good cause, to accept a late protest by using the late protest form at https://wcad.org/hearing-reschedule-request-late/.
If your Notice of Appraised Value was dated after April 17th, 2022, refer to the Notice for your protest deadline.
High Call Volume
Our apologies for the inconvenience, we are experiencing high call volume and long wait times. To expedite your request, we recommend you use our Support Center where you can find our FAQ, Chat, and Email options.
Appointment Of Agent Submission Guidelines
FOR PROMPT PROCESSING OF YOUR APPOINTMENT OF AGENT REQUESTS, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:
PER TEXAS PROPERTY TAX CODE SECTION 1.111(b):
- Appointment of agent requests MUST be submitted on a form prescribed by the comptroller;
- The comptroller provides two forms specifically for the use by a lessee as the agent for a property owner, or on behalf of a lessee;
- The comptroller’s forms can be found on their website at https://comptroller.texas.gov/taxes/property-tax/forms/;
WCAD RECOMMENDS THAT THE SUBMITTING PARTY:
- Email appointment of agent forms to email@example.com;
- Ensure ownership information provided in Step 1 matches district property records. Please refer to the district’s property records at wcad.org for current property information;
- Clearly identify properties by providing district assigned property identification numbers or quick reference numbers;
- Ensure forms signed by persons other than the property owner listed in Step 1 appropriately indicate their authority to act on the property owner’s behalf;
- If your client is a property management company, we strongly recommend that proof of the property management companies’ authority be provided with the appointment of agent form. A copy of the agreement between the property owner and the property management company, or a notarized affidavit of authority.
WCAD WILL RETURN TO THE SENDER A NOTICE OF UNPROCESSED FORMS, TYPICALLY WITHIN A WEEK, OR SOON THEREAFTER:
Reasons for returned forms include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Requests submitted on forms other than a comptroller prescribed form;
- Lessee submissions on incorrect form(s);
- Submissions on outdated form versions;
- Ownership discrepancies;
- Insufficient identification of properties;
- Insufficient agent information;
- Absence of representation authority;
- Signature discrepancies to include questionable signer(s), undated forms and lack of signer’s title/identification;
- Forms requiring copies of documentation authorizing signer to designate agents or to act on behalf of the property owner.
For further assistance on this matter, please contact the Records Department by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 512-930-3787.
Georgetown TX 78626-8050
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
“We will provide quality service with the highest standards of professionalism, integrity, and respect. We will uphold these standards while providing an accurate, fair, and cost-effective appraisal roll in compliance with the laws of the State of Texas.”